Saturday, March 14, 2009

Satria NEO Tracking Project


My wifey's Corolla Altis is not suitable for this project since, it's a family car. So I'll use my Satria NEO as test car in this Google MAP Live tracking project. Some facts about the car

1600cc normally aspirated Campro Engine
APM lowering spring ( till I got enough money for TEIN )
TSW Hockenheim R 16" Competition Wheels
205x50 Hankook rubber on rear and 205x45 Silverstone on the front
Built in Video Camera holder ( bought from US for RM400 0

For tracking device, I'll use Nokia E71 installed with Python script that will send SMS for current location for every 30 secs ( suck my money yeah )

For receiver at home, I'll use my Wife's SONY Laptop connected to receiver GSM Modem, Sony K770i.

For programming I'll use CakeSMS ( http://cakesms.blogspot.com ) for SMS Framework and write simple listening daemon for SMS processing

For the output, I'll use GMap EZ framework for Google MAP.

This tracking device is suitable to track the car movement live on your web browser, maybe for Rally fan, can watch the car movement live on the mobile phone connected to GPS

No comments:

Post a Comment