Thursday, January 29, 2009

CakeSMS : 2 Way SMS

I just updated CakeSMS application. Adding validation to Outbox model so I can limit the text to 160 characters and only numeric format accepted in number field.

Then my phone rang, somebody from the govt interested with the product and asking about 2 WAY sms support.

For example

sending 'HELP' will list out all the command

sending ' get staff 3713' will list staff 3713 informations

Well, how do I do that ?

First I need to write a listener in CakePHP that run every seconds. the listener will read all the incoming SMS and will process the text, if the matching text found, it will trigger the command for that text.

Keep It Simple

How do I run PHP code forever then ?


while (1 == true) {
// logic is here
} ?>

No comments:

Post a Comment